Monroe County Legislature, District 21
Rachel is running for Monroe County Legislator for the 21st District because the community faces challenges related to poverty, good jobs, education, transportation and structural racism. The Republican-led county government is in fiscal crisis and unable to serve families in need. The county deserves ethical and accountable government dedicated to solving problems.
Once elected, Rachel will prioritize the following issues:
- Expand access to early childhood intervention and child care services.
- Provide more oversight of county finances and enact a digital open records system.
- End tax breaks for luxury housing developments.
- Stop chargebacks for Monroe Community College that unfairly burden city residents.
- Explore using the county’s fiber network to bridge the digital divide and support businesses.
- Examine how to better support arts organizations.
The county must elect Democrats committed to working as a team to fix what’s broken and rebuild trust.