Join our team today!
Democracy for America staff and fellows put their talents and skills to work each and every day to make the Democratic Party more progressive and move our country forward.
Open positions (if available) are listed below, along with instructions on how to apply.
The application window for this fellowship is February 1st - April 1st.
THE APPLICATION WINDOW IS NOW CLOSED. PLEASE APPLY IN FEBRUARY 2021.
Fellows will spend a full year, June - May, learning the ins and outs of progressive PAC work. Each fellow will spend 6 months working with our Campaigns Team and 6 months working with our Development and Communications Teams. Upon completing this fellowship, fellows will be able to use their skills to improve the movement in campaigns and organizations elsewhere.
The ideal candidate for this role is committed to creating a more reflective democracy to fight against structural racism and systemic oppression, is positively progressive, innovative, detail-oriented, solution-oriented in the face of uncertainty, an enthusiastic and understanding teammate, and able to gracefully perform at a high level when the pressure is on.
Democracy for America is an equal opportunity employer that strongly values and looks to continue building a team that reflects the diversity of our country and the progressive movement. Women, people of color, queer, trans, and gender nonconforming people, people from poor and working class backgrounds, and members of other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. The salary for the fellowship position is $50,000 for the year. We offer a generous benefits package including health insurance, office and internet stipends, and no minimum or maximum PTO days. This position is for 40 hours per week, during regular work hours. While DFA has a small office in Burlington, VT, the majority of our staff telecommute from their own home bases around the country, and this position may also telecommute.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Candidate support: Researching and vetting candidate applications, evaluating and writing reports, assisting with candidate interviews, assisting with planning and executing campaign deliverables.
- Membership support: Composing member engagement and fundraising communications, monitoring social media and email inboxes, generating content for social media, assisting with the management of social media accounts.
- Development support: Donor prospecting and research, assisting current donors via email and phone, updating databases, drafting donor communications both email and written form.
- Passionately progressive; Fully interested in completing all aspects of progressive political work.
- Deeply committed to using the electoral process to build a reflective democracy and fight white supremacy and patriarchy from campaign offices to Congressional offices, and can put that commitment into practice every day.
- An obsession with detail; you take the time to capitalize first and last names within a database.
- Self-starter: Able to initiate and complete projects with minimal supervision; able to prioritize work and manage workflow as projects and assignments start and are completed.
- A dedication to getting the job done, even when the task isn’t very exciting.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Strong familiarity with political blogs, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Previous data management, VAN, and digital mobilization experience ideal, but not required.
- Comfortable with telecommuting.