VICTORY: DFA on Colin Van Ostern’s win in New Hampshire’s Democratic gubernatorial primary
The Associated Press just called Democracy for America-endorsed candidate Colin Van Ostern the winner of New Hampshire's Democratic gubernatorial primary.
Statement from DFA's Chair Jim Dean on Van Ostern's big primary victory tonight:
"Colin Van Ostern's tremendous victory tonight is a testament to the incredible grassroots campaign he built across Granite State, and shows that Granite State voters want a bold leader who'll focus on building a New Hampshire that works for everyone, not just those at the top.
"Colin understands that you can pursue compromise with your opponents without compromising your progressive values, and that's why we can't wait to do what we can over the next 55 days to make sure he ends up in the Corner Office in Concord." -- Jim Dean, Chair, Democracy for America
Additional details about DFA, it's strong record of support for Van Ostern, and the organization's work in New Hampshire this election cycle:
- Democracy for America endorsed Van Ostern in the Democratic race for Governor in May, making him the first and only gubernatorial candidate DFA has backed in 2016.
- DFA also backed Van Ostern in his successful 2012 race for New Hampshire’s Executive Council.
- Including Van Ostern, DFA has endorsed 5 candidates in New Hampshire’s Democratic primary and is looking forward to their victories tonight and in November. These other candidates include:
- U.S. Congress: Rep. Carol Shea-Porter (District 1)
- NH Executive Council:
- Andru Volinsky (2nd District)
- Chris Pappas (4th District)
- NH House of Representatives
- Erik Corbertt (1st District)
- DFA has one million members nationwide, including more than 17,800 in the State of New Hampshire.
- During New Hampshire's 2016 First-In-the-Nation Presidential Primary, Democracy for America was a proud supporter of Senator Bernie Sanders, following the results of a December 2015 vote of DFA members.
- In early 2015, Democracy for America lead the Granite State efforts of the Run Warren Run campaign, a national movement to encourage Senator Elizabeth Warren to run for President.
- Since 2004, DFA's one million members have knocked on hundreds of thousands of doors, made over 11 million phone calls, and raised and contributed more than $32.7 million to help elect 843 progressive candidates nationwide.