DFA celebrates Tammy Duckworth’s big Senate victory in Illinois
News just broke that Tammy Duckworth has won her race for Senate in IL.
Democracy for America (DFA) was one of the major backers of Duckworth's campaign. Here’s a statement from DFA’s Executive Director Charles Chamberlain about Duckworth's big win in IL:
“Tammy Duckworth’s big victory tonight not only adds the voice of another woman of color and veteran to the U.S. Senate, it brings another leader to Washington who knows the problems with income inequality, money in politics, and structural racism in our country requires big, bold, populist progressive solutions. -- Charles Chamberlain, Executive Director, Democracy for America
Facts about DFA and our work supporting Duckworth in Illinois and across the country during the 2016 race:
- DFA endorsed Duckworth for Senate in March 2016.
- DFA raised and contributed $61,816 to elect Duckworth. The average contribution from DFA members was $7.73.
- DFA members also made more than 126,888 GOTV calls in support of Duckworth.
- During the 2016 cycle, DFA has:
- Endorsed 121 progressive candidates -- including our very first endorsement in a Presidential Primary.
- Raised and contributed more than $3 million to elect populist progressive candidates running up and down the ballot, from President of the United States to Bay Area Rapid Transit board.
- Made over 2.5 million GOTV calls to elect progressive and help Democrats retake the U.S. Senate via its DFA Dialer program
- Founded in 2004, DFA is a member-driven, people-powered progressive PAC with more than one million members nationwide committed to taking on income inequality, money in politics, and structural racism.