After Sanders big NH win, DFA says “the political establishment… is the biggest loser.”
Reaction from Democracy for America's Charles Chamberlain to Bernie's tremendous Granite State win tonight:
"This win isn't just a big victory for the grassroots movement behind Bernie Sanders, it's a down payment on the people-powered political revolution that should scare the pants off of Wall Street and America's ruling millionaire and billionaire class.
"Tonight, Granite State voters used their hearts and their heads to elect the one Presidential candidate who understands this race isn't about him, it's about us, and who has built the grassroots campaign our country needs to confront income inequality, structural racism, and the moneyed interests who are strangling American working families.
"Since his Iowa win, the political establishment has thrown the kitchen sink at Bernie Sanders, and it still hasn't stopped the momentum of the grassroots movement that took him from 44 points behind in New Hampshire to tonight's victory.
"Bernie Sanders bold progressive ideas won tonight and the political establishment with its absurd, ham-fisted attacks is the biggest loser. -- Charles Chamberlain, Executive Director Democracy for America
Additional facts about Democracy for America and our support for Bernie Sanders in the 2016 race:
- In December, DFA endorsed Bernie Sanders for President after the Senator received 87.9% of the more than 271,000 votes cast in a DFA member endorsement vote. This was the first presidential-primary endorse in DFA's 11-year history.
- Details about DFA's Bernie support
- DFA has spoken out strongly for DNC fairness after the party shut-off Sanders's access to the voter file.
- DFA has worked to set the record straight when the Clinton campaign attacked Sanders on guns and single-payer healthcare.
- DFA has worked closely with the Sanders campaign and our grassroots members to mobilize and train the tens of thousands of volunteers needed to help Bernie win in early contests.
- DFA has over 1 million members across the country.
- Since its 2004, DFA members have knocked on hundreds of thousands of doors, made over 11 million phone calls, and raised and contributed more than $32.7 million to help elect 843 progressive candidates nationwide.