Who am I?
Reginald Crossley was born in Stamford, Connecticut to Alex Crossley, union construction worker and Marie Crossley, a nurses aid for seasoned elders. Growing up the oldest of 4 children (1 brother and 3 live-in cousins) in a working class family, Reginald was taught the values of hard work and self-reliance at a young age. In a middle-class household, Reginald learned to be creative and gained essential skill sets of entrepreneurship, money management, and community organizing in effort to help his parents with household cost.
Reginald decided at a young age that his future career would involve the well being of people and communities. It was no secret that Reginald was a natural leader. His father identified those characteristics early on and kept him involved in the community with local political campaigns and volunteer projects, in which he developed an avid interest in politics.
For over a decade, Reginald Crossley has worked in all facets of the community; including but not limited to the non-profit sector, public schools, government, etc. Currently, Reginald is the Youth Commissioner-Coordinator for Fulton County Georgia Government, Department of Human Services, where he advocates for legislation, policies, programming and all around solutions for issues plaguing communities. For over 10 years, Reginald Crossley has lived in the 38th district of Georgia leading and coordinating grassroots initiatives that empower families and communities. Reginald has worked tirelessly organizing community stakeholders (i.e. schools, NPU's, businesses, churches, law enforcement, etc.) for the purpose of minimizing violence, poverty, increasing community recreation, employment, green initiatives, and more.
Why am I running?
For many years I have studied the the appropriate solutions to bring my community to prosperity. My inspiration to run for State Senate was a seed that grew more and more as I served my community. Having worked in all facets of the community and understanding first hand the needs of my constituents, I am encouraged to serve in a different capacity.
When elected, my primary goals are:
1. Advocate and create legislation thats supports the advancement of our education system and community infrastructure. Ensure that our generation is exposed to careers in emerging industries and green technology for efficiency.
2. Advocate for the redirection of funds from failed social initiatives for the reinvestment into evidence-based programming and solution driven models that are proven to work.
My DFA Values
This legacy campaign is missing this information
My Campaign is People Powered!
My campaign is completely people powered and grassroots driven. We have more than 40+ local non-profits, neighborhood planning units and small businesses involvement. In addition, my campaign team and volunteers are fully equipped to knock on 60,000+ doors and phone bank 100,000+ residents in my district. The following measures have been taken:
1. A community poll has been disseminated and tabulated, which provides accurate assessment of the constituents needs.
Each focus area of my campaign incorporates the voice of youth, working class citizens, and seasoned elders.
2. Community coalitions have been organized to carryout the mission, vision and awareness of the Crossley Campaign.
3. The social media campaign has been strategically organized for public conversations with local stakeholders, youth, businesses, and concerned citizens.